Mobile 360 – Security for 5G brought together over 250 senior level leaders from 28 countries to unpack the security challenges of the 5G network and shine a light on the innovation and initiatives in place to secure the networks of tomorrow. As we accelerate towards a world of ubiquitous connectivity, we need to ensure that we have the security strategies in place to protect our networks, services, consumers and their data. The world of connectivity we have created is one of incredible opportunity, but it brings with it an evolving threat landscape that is predicted to be more diverse and challenging than the industry has seen to date.
The speakers at Mobile 360 – Security for 5G spoke about the need for the tech ecosystem to work together to design the roadmap for securing the 5G network. They addressed the importance of planning for tomorrows threats today, and building defences that ensure we stay ahead in the security arms race. They examined the impact of GDPR and ePrivacy on the outlook for business and innovation, offered insight into future opportunities to leverage AI-based cyber defence in the 5G network, discussed how to mitigate the security vulnerabilities that comprise an IoT service, gave their predictions about what’s next for our industry, and so much more.
The Mobile 360 – Security for 5G workshops, sponsored by NetNumber, Huawei, Palo Alto Networks and Fortinet provided in depth discussions on the more pressing topics around security for 5G:
- Invite Only NetNumber Pre-Conference Workshop: Explored the security considerations for cloudifying 5G, transitioning from one G to the next, evolution of signaling strategy, fraud prevention and more.
- Internet of Things – Challenges and Practical Experiences with Implementation: Explored the possibilities and risks of IoT and showed compliant ways to handle the challenges and mitigate risks for those involved, ranging from hardware manufacturers, data processors and controllers to users.
- Security in Complex Multi-Generational Networks: Helped operators to understand how to manage and mitigate the threats associated with managing multi-generational networks.
- Security Transformation and Skills to Protect the 5G Era: Explored the impact of 5G and digital transformation upon the workforce, and provided insight into how organisations can successfully create a cybersecurity talent pipeline.
- Certification and Assuring the 5G Supply Chain: Highlighted the importance of understanding how products are developed and introduced into the 5G ecosystem as well as how they are how certification is likely to impact and benefit 5G.