IDB Invest IoT Summit: IoT ecosystem
11:00 – 12:00 The IoT Landscape in Latin America and the Caribbean
There is great opportunity for IoT technology in Latin America and the Caribbean. IoT applications can create new revenue opportunities for businesses and can simplify everyday challenges for individuals. In this session, IoT leaders will examine the impact IoT and intelligent connectivity has had in the region, while also providing IoT predictions for 2019 and beyond.
Moderator: Edgar Cabanas Britos, Investment Management Officer, IDB Invest
- Ed Barker, Head of Ecosystem and Innovation Strategy, GSMA
- Manuel Josue Sanchez, IoT Market Lead, Ericsson Latin America & Caribbean
- Rafael Perez Colon, IoT Specialist and Senior Advisor to IDB
12:00 – 13:00 Strategies for Scaling IoT in Latin America and the Caribbean
Intelligent connectivity is enabling the IoT ecosystem as it moves towards massive scale. As more businesses in the region are integrating IoT solutions, business leaders are being asked to prove that these new intelligently connected solutions will give their organizations a competitive advantage. This session will bring together industry leaders to talk about how to win with IoT in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Moderator: Marco Galvan, Technology Director Latin America, GSMA
- Armando Blanco Garcia, Latin America IoT Specialist, Microsoft
- Emilia Perez, Head of Services LatAm – IoT Wing, Nokia
- Sergio Papini, VP of Iot Sales and Business Solutions, America Movil