As the global source of IMEI data, GSMA IMEI Services provide unrivalled device intelligence. We manage the allocation of all equipment identifiers on behalf of the industry; this means the GSMA is the originating source of all TAC (Type Allocation Code) which form the first 8 digits of the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) which identifies each unique mobile device on all GSM networks. We also curate the GSMA IMEI Blacklist to provide a look up service, refreshed daily, of reported lost or stolen devices.
GSMA Device Check
With GSMA Device Check you can find out instantly whether a device has been reported lost or stolen through the world’s most accurate registry of IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) numbers. It is a tried and tested service, used by insurers, recyclers, resellers, retailers and government agencies worldwide.
GSMA Device Map
GSMA Device Map is a high-accuracy device capability dataset that provides a unique and up-to-the-minute picture of operator network traffic.
- Intelligent network planning – identify device usage patterns to plan network deployment and maximise performance
- Greater business intelligence – increase ARPU with better metrics and richer data analysis
- Improved marketing – tailor bespoke sales and marketing campaigns
- Enhanced customer support – troubleshoot through enhanced diagnostics and knowledge of the unique features of each customer’s device
- Facilitate your IoT strategy – differentiate between M2M devices and handsets on your network
- Device identity – assists insurers to accurately determine device value