Future Lives: Student Participation
Innovation in Africa has a new face and the power to disrupt lies firmly in the hands of the people and the next generation in particular.
Since students and the future generations are crucial to the African tech ecosystem, GSMA is inviting students to attend Mobile 360 – Africa on day 2, 17 July. Students are able to enjoy a wide range of conference sessions, high-profile speakers and a curated experience focused on key themes of innovation, diversity and disruption, driven by Africa’s youth and fierce female talent.
Mobile 360 – Africa offers real opportunities for students to learn about the mobile tech industry, meet influential leaders, and share new disruptive ideas.
Packed Agenda for Students
Learn from thought-provoking conference sessions featuring the most influential leaders in their industries. Key topics include: booming urban populations; smart city projects; smart citizens; sustainable growth.
Students receive full access to the Keynote Auditorium sessions on 17 July.
09.15 – 10.30
Young, Gifted and African: Does a Culture of Equality Drive Innovation?
- Are we doing enough to promote diverse environments that foster innovation?
- Key topics: youth, innovation, diversity, entrepreneurship, future leadership
11.15 – 12.30
Fake News and Future Media: Fact or Fiction?
- What is the role of the media, operators and tech platforms in disrupted digital world?
- Key topics: fake news and misinformation; role of the media in a digital society; mobile news; internet access & freedom of speech
14.00 – 15.15
A FinTech Revolution: Power to the People
- Harnessing the power of blockchain
- Key topics: Fintech; investment; bitcoin; access to services
Do Citizens Need a Digital City?
- Ensuring Sustainable Growth
Hear Provocative ideas on the #BetterFuture Stage
Hear from leading companies as they present their ground-breaking ideas in a TED-style format on the #BetterFuture Stage. Key topics include:
- Equality, diversity and women in tech
- The latest developments in content and music in the region
- Digital skills
- AI & Smart Data
Meet, Learn, Grow
- Meet key leaders from the most influential and innovation companies in Africa
- Have a chance to meet the speakers after their sessions
- Get your foot in the door by meeting industry representatives during the networking breaks and catered lunch