Mobile 360 - Latin America brings market leaders from Central and South America across the mobile telecom ecosystem for a two-day thought leadership conference together with operator-led Working Groups on day three. Attendees learn and discuss key drivers in innovation in the region centered around IoT, Connected Car, Mobile Identity, Mobile Money, NFV, 5G, Media & Advertising, and more. In addition, a Spotlight on Innovation session allows Startups to hear from venture capitalists, investors, and industry experts followed by a pitch session for the Startups.
Location & Date
We will announce the location and date soon for 2017. Sign up for our newsletter to hear the latest updates.
Country Overview: Mexico
Mexico is the second largest mobile market in Latin America with 89 million unique mobile subscribers1, equivalent to 69% of the population. In recent years, unique subscriber growth in Mexico has been relatively slow, resulting in a unique subscriber penetration rate equal to that of Brazil but lower than that of many other markets across Latin America, such as Chile (93%), Uruguay (92%) and Argentina (91%).
In 2015 the mobile sector made a total contribution of more than $40 billion in value-added terms, equivalent to nearly 3.5% of Mexico’s total GDP. This includes both direct and indirect contributions, as well as productivity and efficiency gains through the use of mobile technology. Approximately 335,000 jobs were also supported by the mobile ecosystem.
Learn more from ‘Country Overview: Mexico – Mobile Driving Growth, Innovation and Opportunity’, authored by GSMA Intelligence.
About GSMA Latin America
GSMA Latin America has four operator-led Working Groups that provide GSMA regional members the opportunity to get engaged in GSMA activities and programmes, exchange information, provide training, network as well as establishing regional industry positions.
- Regulatory Working Group (REGU): This group is focused on the debate and analysis on regulatory issues and events that are of relevance in Latin America such as unbundling, spectrum for mobile broadband, VOIP – Network neutrality, number portability, regulation and roaming. In addition, it has the objectives of promoting social responsibility among its members, representing them before other international organizations, inter-governmental and industry. The group is an important source of learning and information sharing for mobile operators resulting in best practices and better services to society.
- Billing & Roaming Working Group (BARG LA): The aim of this group is to promote the establishment of International Roaming agreements between operators in Latin America and create the conditions necessary for the implementation of all technical and commercial GSM roaming services. It promotes education and training related to different processes by GSMA standard to establish roaming agreements, developing a specific information system operators in Latin America to facilitate knowledge and access to relevant contacts and spreads between operators conclusions and outlines the general group of GSMA BARG, in order to achieve greater standardization in operations in the region Roaming.
- Technical & Terminals Working Group (TECT): This working group’s mission is to provide support to members of GSMA LA regarding technical issues in the implementation of GSM networks and the evolution of these networks to support next generation services, such as 3G⁄UMTS LTE , IP and IMS Transport, among others. Likewise, to establish and maintain technical information network status and consultation services for member operators, promotes the exchange of experiences in the development of GSM networks and services, disseminates recommendations, events and training programs promoted by GSMA and protect heritage region by promoting the use of standardized spectral bands and GSM technologies. It identifies the common technical and commercial needs in the area of terminal operators Latam to channel them to the market leading providers. TECT is a seminar open to all attendees at Mobile 360 - Latin America.
- Security & Fraud Working Group (SEGF): The GSMA LA Security and Fraud group seeks to become the main channel of coordination and communication between the region’s operators. The search for best practices in these issues benefits the operators and the mobile industry as a whole. At GSMA LA, this group seeks to ensure cooperation between the different companies in the region and take their concerns to governmental, regulatory and other concerned organizations in order to take necessary actions in a timely manner.
Learn more about Working Groups current operator authorities here.
Sponsors & Partners
Sponsor a Mobile 360 Series event and get in front of the right people in the mobile industry to promote your business and drive your company forward. We offer a variety of packages to target attendees or we can create a custom opportunity to help you meet your goals. For more information, please download our sponsorship opportunities and then contact us to discuss further.
Sponsors & Partners
MY M360 Latin America mobile app
The My M360 app a great tool for event information such as sessions, speakers and conference presentations. But, more importantly, you can browse the list of attendees, send messages and meeting requests to other attendees and find people you need to meet. In addition, the app allows you to:
- Set up meetings before going on site
- Complete your profile and upload photos
- Send in-app message other delegates
- Interactive audience polling during conference sessions
- View the full schedule
- Browse the speaker list
- View Showcase details and participant information
Download the app today!
Designed to cover the latest innovations developing in the region, Mobile 360 – Latin America outlines specific topics such as the Connected Car, 5G, Mobile Identity and IoT. This three-day conference programme feature thought leaders from across the region and representatives from the largest MNOs, the most exciting technology suppliers and industry movers and shakers.
Joining the power of GSMA's strong thought-leadership programme is the GSMA Latin America Working Groups. The Working Groups are by invitation only and open to Members and Working Group participants.
- Regulatory Working Group (REGU)
- Billing & Roaming Working Group (BARG LA)
- Technical & Terminals Working Group (TECT)
- Security & Fraud Working Group (SEGF)
Download the agenda to view the topics that were covered at Mobile 360 - Latin America 2016.
Mobile 360 – Latin America is all about innovation, driving investment and the development of new ideas in the region. As such, the conference will feature the “Spotlight on Innovation", a session which will begin with a panel discussion featuring venture capitalists, investors, and industry experts sharing their thoughts on what makes a successful venture in telecommunications today. Following this panel, a series of Latin American start-ups will be able to pitch their company to the panel of experts and the audience, with the winner being granted the opportunity to speak at next year’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
This fast-paced session was a must attend to hear from Startups, venture capitalists, investors, and industry experts.
Thank you for your interest in attending Mobile 360 – Latin America. We hope to see you next year. In the meantime, stay tuned for updates on our upcoming events.
GET EMAIL UPDATES ON
THE MOBILE 360 SERIES